Monday, March 1, 2010

Score!

I don’t do regular weigh-ins.  As far as I’m concerned, the scale is just a tool to measure my progress.  Some people get so wrapped up in what the the number is on the scale and they must get on it every day, obsessively.  If the number goes up, which it inevitably will if you weigh daily, they are devastated.  And I can’t take those teeny losses that come with weighing daily.  I want progress.  I want positive losses.  I need to lose a total of 130 – 140 pounds and if I measured that in ounces, I would have given up long ago.

I weigh when I can tell I have lost.  Or when I am close to a milestone.   And last week, I realized I was close to one of those milestones.  I could tell I had lost more weight over the last few weeks so I got on the scales and, oh my goodness, I was at 48 pounds lost, just 2 pounds away from the 50 pound mark. 

Down 50 lbs
I knew I had been staying within my calories really well and dancing my butt off, literally.  So this morning, I got on the scales again and those 2 pounds were GONE!

So it’s photo time!  I have been measuring my progress with photos at various points.  Now I have a new “Along the Way” picture.  You can see the “Before” as well as more “Along the Way” pictures by clicking on the link at the top of the page, just under the blog header.

So it’s 50 down and about 80 more to go.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Tere ~ I love your new blog... What a encouragement to me! I love your last picture and your outfit is darling! Also like the picture earlier with the skirt and boots.. You
    are so fashionable!!!

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL...so proud of you, and so happy to be a part of your life and world. - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful woman. Don't focus too much on what the scale will say. I tell my patients to guage how they feel and look for little things, such as how their clothes are fiting. Dancing is a great way to use different muscle groups and burn calories. Keep up the great work with your health and please stop by my blog sometime. The web address is http://healthy-nutrition-facts.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete