Sunday, March 21, 2010

Favorite Recipe – Szechuan Shrimp

I love recipes from Cooking Light.  You can go to Cooking Light’s website and my favorite section 5 Ingredient Recipes.  I have found so many healthy, easy and quick recipes that have helped me lose weight.  I also own several of their cookbooks.  I love that they include all the nutritional information with every recipe.

Please enjoy one of my favorites then visit their site and find more.  And NO, I do not work for Cooking Light nor do I receive anything for endorsing them.  I just like them people!

By the way, I usually add Chinese pea pods to this when I add the shrimp.  It adds very few calories but gets some green veggies in and tastes great.

Szechuan Shrimp
cookinglight szechuan shrimp
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

Ingredients

  • Cooking spray
  • 1 1/2  pounds  peeled and deveined large shrimp
  • 3/4  teaspoon  crushed red pepper
  • 1/2  cup  light sesame-ginger dressing (such as Newman's Own)
  • 4  green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2  tablespoons  lightly salted toasted soy nuts, coarsely chopped

Preparation

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Coat shrimp with cooking spray; add shrimp and red pepper to pan. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Add dressing and onions. Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly. Sprinkle evenly with soy nuts; serve immediately.

Nutritional Information

Calories: 190 (18% from fat)
Fat: 4g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.3g,poly 0.6g)
Protein: 29.5g
Carbohydrate: 7.9g
Fiber: 1.4g
Cholesterol: 252mg
Iron: 4.4mg
Sodium: 708mg
Calcium: 72mg
From Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House, APRIL 2009

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Not only is it healthy..... You have displayed it with the artist touch....a masterpiece you can eat!!

    ReplyDelete